Sunday, May 4, 2008

21

This weekend I saw the movie 21. I was actually very impressed. Although I suppose whatever review I give must be taken with a grain of salt since I am a fan of Oceans 11 types of movies, which this was a lot like. And we see yet another excellent performance from Jim Sturgess. But this role was a lot different than his roles in Across the Universe and The Other Boleyn Girl. In this movie, his character went from being his usual quiet type to being more extroverted. So that was interesting to see. It was also interesting to see Kevin Spacey play the role of a more dangerous character.
One thing that I learned after seeing this movie was that it was based off of a real story. This was surprising to me because the movie is about MIT students who travel to Las Vegas during the weekends to count cards at blackjack. Obviously though, there were probably many elaborations in the movie. At any rate, I thought it was interesting that there really were students who did this and I have to wonder who found out about it.
All in all, I would definitely recommend this movie. I couldn’t stop watching!

No comments: