Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stromboli

Deep in the food court of our local mall, there lies a fast food restaurant called Sbarro. Surely, many of you have heard of this wondrous place with pizza slices so large that you can't completely hold one in your hands. But Sbarro has another amazing creation: THE STROMBOLI!!!!!

The stromboli may seem fairly safe from the picture linked above, although perhaps with the exception of the cheese oozing out (I think I may be drooling as I'm writing this). However, the item contains more grease than your car engine which inevitably comes leaking out at some point. Delicious, trans-fatty grease, that is.

So now whenever I venture to the mall during lunch, I eat one of these strombolis. This is a decision that both pleases me and hurts me at the same time. On the one hand, it is by far the most appetizing items in the food court. On the other hand, there's so much grease and calories that I'm usually left bloated and perhaps even feeling slightly sick. Thus: our love/hate relationship.

Ultimately, I would recommend this sumptous product to those not afraid to get a little oily. Despite its obvious lack of health, the stromboli is very tasty. And it led me to discover my dad's newfound talent at making calzones (which are healthier and just as tasty). In other words, Sbarro makes good food happen.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

STTTTTROMMMMMMBOLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

YUM YUM YUM!